For the next part of the project we had to select a micro area for our design intervention.
i decided to install a rain water harvesting system in the mall.
Harvesting. The harvesting of rainwater simply involves the collection of water from surfaces on which rain falls, and subsequently storing this water for later use. Normally water is collected from the roofs of buildings and stored in rainwater tanks.
- Unlike groundwater, rainwater is not hard. Without chemicals and minerals, it can prevent corrosion and scale on equipment and re-distribution systems.
- Captured water is free for the taking and delivery.
- Harvesting reduces run-off and its consequent harmful impacts.
- Collection and reuse eliminates periodic demand stress on public water sources.
- Using harvested rainwater can reduce water bills in some areas and may be eligible for tax incentives.